- Visitor Guidelines
- Where is bus parking located?
- There are so many tours - what are the differences?
- Can I schedule a tour in a different language?
- I’m here at Harvard for the day; what is there to do?
- Where should I stay overnight?
- What other resources about visiting Cambridge/Boston are available?
- Can I store my luggage with you while I take the tour?
- Where can I park?
- Do you have a wheelchair available?
These guidelines will help ensure that tour groups enjoy their visit to Harvard, but that we balance access to our campus with the University's fundamental mission of teaching and research.
The guidelines are provided in English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, Italian, Korean, Russian, and French for your convenience.
Unfortunately bus parking is not available however, tour bus drop off and pick up is located on Mt. Auburn Streen between Holyoke Street and Plympton Street.
View a detailed map of bus drop off and pick up.
There are so many tours - what are the differences?
The tours we provide primarily focus on Harvard's history, and are appropriate for any visitor to the University.
The undergraduate admissions tour is for prospective students of Harvard College.
Each graduate school also provides its own tours at varying times, please see links to each appropriate school. (Varies)
All other Harvard-related tours are not officially associated with the University.
Can I schedule a tour in a different language?
Please email us at least 2 weeks in advance, and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
I'm here at Harvard for the day; what is there to do?
- Take a free guided tour! (Or stop in to grab a self-guided version).
- View the self-guided tour from your mobile device
- Visit the Natural History Museum and see the Glass Flowers
- Take a stroll to the river
- Attend a public forum/lecture around the University. View more public events on the Harvard Gazette calendar.
- Cheer one of the 40+ Crimson athletic teams
- Enjoy the vibrant arts scene
- Drink coffee or tea at one of the numerous cafes around the Square
- Get some Harvard merchandise at the Coop or the Harvard Shop
Where should I stay overnight?
Find hotel and lodging information using the Harvard Visitor Travel Portal.
What other resources about visiting Cambridge/Boston are available?
Can I store my luggage with you while I take the tour?
We regret that we cannot store or hold luggage or items due to liability and security concerns. Unfortunately, there is no luggage storage in Harvard Square at this time.
Where can I park?
There are metered, on-street parking spots in the Harvard Square area, but they are often occupied. Here's a map of parking garages for the general public, or you can fill out a form for a one-day pass in a University garage.
Do you have a wheelchair available?
A wheelchair is available on a first-come, first served basis. We require a week's advance notice to book a wheelchair. To complete a wheelchair reservation, we will need a photo I.D. and credit card on file. It is available only for the duration of the tour.