Harvard has produced online courses and other forms of digital learning for several decades with the goal of making educational content available to a global audience. On this page, you will find links to a selection of Harvard's publicly available online learning content. Experience courses, public lectures, and other unique examples of Harvard's learning content on the web.
edX / HarvardX
View and register for HarvardX courses available through edX.
Harvard on YouTube
- The Longwood Seminars - Harvard Medical School faculty members discuss topics ranging from meditation to aging in these mini-med school classes for the public.
- Harvard Thinks Big - Harvard Thinks Big is a student-run event that invites some of Harvard’s renowned faculty to speak to the undergraduate community in Sanders Theatre.
- Science and Cooking - This public lecture series discusses concepts from the physical sciences that underpin both everyday cooking and haute cuisine. Each lecture features a world-class chef who visited and presented their remarkable culinary designs.
Harvard on iTunesU
- Michael Sandel’s “Justice” - Justice is one of the most popular courses in Harvard's history. Nearly one thousand students pack Harvard's historic Sanders Theatre to hear Professor Sandel talk about justice, equality, democracy, and citizenship.
- Statistics 110: Probability - Statistics 110 (Probability), is taught by Joe Blitzstein (Professor of the Practice, Harvard Statistics Department) and contains lecture videos, review materials, and over 250 practice problems with detailed solutions. This course is an introduction to probability as a language and set of tools for understanding statistics, science, risk, and randomness.
- Culture & Belief 23: The Hebrew Scriptures in Judaism and Christianity - This course surveys how the interpretation (and reinterpretation) of the Hebrew Scriptures spawned two rival cultural systems, Judaism and Christianity.
Harvard on SoundCloud
Harvard Extension School
- Distance Education: Online Courses at Harvard
- Harvard Open Courses - Open Learning Initiative
- Courses at the Harvard Extension School
Harvard Kennedy School
- Executive Education: Online Programs - Currently offers 8 to 14 week online programs for nonprofit and NGO leaders from around the world. Participants receive one-on-one access to Harvard Kennedy School faculty and participate in live, interactive discussions with classmates.
Harvard Medical School
- Department of Continuing Education - Continuing Medical Education Online provides interactive courses and sample cases for health care professionals.
- Explore online exhibits from the museums of Harvard University.
- The Harvard Museum of Natural History sponsors dozens of public lectures each year by Harvard faculty and other scientists and naturalists.
- A selection of web-accessible collections from the Harvard University Libraries
Chandra X-ray Observatory Center
- NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory, which was launched and deployed by Space Shuttle Columbia in July of 1999, is the most sophisticated X-ray observatory built to date. Chandra is designed to observe X-rays from high energy regions of the universe, such as the remnants of exploded stars. View images captured by the observatory and investigate the research being done.
The Forum at Harvard School of Public Health
- On Demand Webcasts In the 21st Century, decisions about health issues require intense cooperation and understanding between scientific experts and those in a position to make and implement policy decisions affecting populations worldwide. The Forum at Harvard School of Public Health hopes to provide decision-makers with a global platform to discuss policy choices and scientific controversies, allowing participants to leverage their collective knowledge.
- Harvard’s Great Teachers invites you to discover our faculty sharing their ideas, very much as they do every day with undergraduates at Harvard College. Through classroom discussions, lectures, interviews and performances, you can experience firsthand the liberal arts college at the heart of one of the world's premier research universities. For each faculty member we profile, you will find a collection of interrelated videos that, taken together, offer you a portrait of his or her work as a teacher here at Harvard.
- A central, open-access repository of research by members of the Harvard community
HBS Working Knowledge
- Harvard Business School Working Knowledge provides an early look at the latest research from the Harvard Business School faculty.
The Institute of Politics John F. Kennedy Jr. Forum
- Past Forum Videos - An archive of videos featuring world leaders, diplomats, government officials, celebrities, and political strategists discussing issues affecting politics around the globe.
Life Sciences Outreach Program
- The Harvard Life Sciences Outreach Program features video of numerous public lectures on topics ranging from Evolution to the biology of cancer. This program is hosted by The Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
- The goal of the Usable Knowledge web site is to provide educational leaders with crisp and convenient access to research that can be used to improve education – learning, teaching, institutional organization, and policy. Usable Knowledge is a creation of the Harvard Graduate School of Education, where research, practice, and policy work together to advance learning.
WIDE World: Online learning for educators
- WIDE World is a program designed to help educators explore in their classrooms and schools teaching for understanding, assessing for understanding, and multiple intelligences.
Woodberry Poetry Room
Home to an unparalleled collection of 20th and 21st century English-language poetry materials, the Woodberry Poetry Room features a circulating collection of poetry monographs and anthologies, an encyclopedic array of poetry journals and magazines, a landmark collection of audio recordings, and the Blue Star collection of rare manuscripts, chapbooks and ephemera.