The graphs and tables below show weekly trends in University-wide tests and new positive cases since June 1, 2020. Only a limited number of students and personnel are authorized to be on campus and participate in Harvard’s COVID-19 screening program.1
The majority of Harvard’s community continues to work and learn remotely. Individuals authorized to participate in Harvard’s COVID-19 screening are tested regularly (see testing protocols). Data is not combined with other testing sources or providers.
For daily updates and cumulative tests, cases, quarantine, and isolation data, see the results dashboard.
Total Tests Conducted by Week
Total New Positive Cases by Week
- Individuals authorized to participate in Harvard’s COVID-19 screening include: those individuals authorized to be on campus; those who are authorized to participate in the University’s off-campus undergraduate pilot program; and, any off-campus individuals who, based on contact tracing activities, are invited to be screened due to possible exposure to another Harvard community member known to have the virus.
- “Total tests” is cumulative and includes repeat tests that are required of students, faculty, staff, and other affiliates who are authorized to be on campus.
- “Graduate Students” and “Undergraduate Students” includes students who are eligible to participate in Harvard’s testing program; this includes students living in dorm-style housing, those working in labs, and those authorized to be on campus for more than four hours a week for an academic or work purpose.
- “Faculty, Staff, and Other Affiliates” includes faculty, academic and non-academic staff, and others (such as contractors) who are eligible to participate in Harvard’s testing program; this includes faculty or staff performing essential work, living on campus, or authorized to be on campus for more than 4 hours per week.
- Cumulative data reflects Harvard’s initiation of protocols in early June for regular screening through COVID-19 testing in conjunction with the re-opening of science laboratory facilities under the Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ phased re-opening plan.
- As stated above, Harvard data reflects results of mandatory screening for persons who are authorized to be on Harvard’s campus and who do not report COVID symptoms.
- Data are presented according to the date tests are administered. Counts for most recent dates may be incomplete, but will be updated as results are reported.
- The tables and graphs are informational only and is not intended to be used as public health guidance.