Isolation and quarantine are ways to keep healthy individuals separated from individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 or from close contacts of individuals who have tested positive. Harvard has developed quarantine and isolation procedures to reduce the risk of outbreaks on campus and to provide the necessary support for individuals who may need to quarantine or isolate.
Quarantine and Isolation Support Services
Although you’ll be in quarantine or isolation, you’re not alone. Harvard administrators have established a multi-layered system to support you.
- HUHS will conduct daily health and wellness checks.
- If you live in a school operated residence hall, your campus dining service provider will deliver your daily meals, beverages, snacks, and disposable utensils, napkins, cups, and plates. You’ll order your food each day following the instruction of your campus dining operator.
- If you live in a school operated residence hall, your campus Operations staff will deliver a 7-day bundle of necessary supplies including medical supplies, and cleaning products), remove your trash daily, and replenish your supplies as needed.
- Schools are not positioned to deliver meals and supplies to students residing in Harvard University Housing or other off-campus housing locations.
- A School representative will contact you daily regarding academic support, the specifics for supporting your isolation period, and to address any other needed supports.