Harvard is requiring COVID vaccination for all community members. This includes students, faculty, staff, and researchers.
Consistent with federal guidance, all Harvard employees, including those who are on 100% remote work status, must be fully vaccinated. Individuals who do not have an approved exemption and are not fully vaccinated by January 18, 2022, will begin to face discipline for non-compliance. Continued non-compliance will ultimately result in termination. Employees do not have the option to opt for additional testing instead of vaccination.
Once you’re vaccinated, you must submit proof of vaccination (including a copy of your vaccine card) to Harvard University Health Services (HUHS). Follow the step-by-step guidance below to submit your vaccination record to HUHS.
Harvard strongly encourages boosters for everyone who is eligible. If you received a booster, you may also submit that record to HUHS.
We will update vaccination rates on the University’s COVID Dashboard as needed.
Employees and students who received their vaccination through HUHS
If you received your vaccination through HUHS, you do not need to submit any information, as HUHS already has your information on file.
Employees and students who did not receive their vaccination through HUHS
If you already submitted your vaccine card to HUHS through email or Accellion Kiteworks, you do NOT need to resubmit it.
If you received a booster since originally submitting your vaccine card, you can update your record in the HUHS patient portal. Log in to the portal to upload an image of the card containing the booster information, select your type of booster from the drop-down menu, and enter the date you received it.
Submit your verification by uploading a photo of your vaccination card in the HUHS Patient Portal.
You do not need to be a patient of HUHS to do this.
If your vaccine is not WHO-approved, please still submit the information with the manufacturer left blank, and attach a copy of any documentation. If it is in another language, please attach an additional note in English.
Steps to upload your vaccine card:
- Go to the HUHS Patient Portal. Log in with your HarvardKey.
- Enter your birthdate, and then click “Proceed”.
- On the left hand navigation, click on “Medical Clearances”.
- Under “Items Required for Clearance”, Click “Update” next to Covid Vaccine.
- Under COVID-19 Vaccination Card Upload, click “Upload”.
- Select the photo of your vaccination card. Once the image preview loads, select “Looks Good”.
- Under “Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine”, enter the dates and type of vaccine from the dropbox that you received. If you don’t see the manufacturer listed in the dropdown, you should still submit your documentation.
- Click “Done”.
- Details of Covid Vaccine should be changed to “Awaiting Review.” Status will still show as “Not Compliant”.
- Once HUHS has reviewed and confirmed your vaccination, the status will be updated to “Compliant”.
Employees and students seeking exemption
Students seeking a medical or religious exemption should complete the Student Vaccine Exemption Form and provide the required documentation.
Employees who have not already claimed a medical or religious exemption, but who wish to do so, can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees who previously claimed a medical or religious exemption through Crimson Clear will be contacted by HUHS.
Unvaccinated individuals who are approved for a medical or religious exemption will have more frequent COVID-19 testing requirements and may be subject to additional public health measures.