Follow the step-by-step guidance below to submit your vaccination record to Harvard University Health Services (HUHS).
Harvard is requiring COVID vaccination for all community members. This includes students, faculty, staff, and researchers. Vaccination, masking, and regular viral testing are critical components of the University’s multi-layered heath and safety measures to protect our community and return to as much in-person learning, research, and activity as possible.
Once you’re vaccinated, you must submit a copy of the completed vaccination card that you received from your vaccination provider. You can submit images of these cards to HUHS through their Patient Portal (detailed steps below). You do not need to be an HUHS patient to submit your card through the Patient Portal. HUHS keeps individual information secure and confidential.
Knowing the rates of vaccination across our community will inform policy decisions for the fall semester. We will provide updates on vaccination rates on the University’s COVID Dashboard in the coming weeks as we begin the fall semester.
Employees and students who received their vaccination through HUHS
If you received your vaccination through HUHS, you do not need to submit any information, as HUHS already has your information on file.
Employees and students who did not receive their vaccination through HUHS
If you have already submitted your vaccine card to HUHS through email or Accellion Kiteworks, you do NOT need to resubmit it.
Submit your verification by uploading a photo of your vaccination card in the HUHS Patient Portal.
*You do not need to be a patient of HUHS to do this.
If your vaccine is not WHO-approved, please still submit the information with the manufacturer left blank, and attach a copy of any documentation. If it is in another language, please attach an additional note in English.
Steps to upload your vaccine card:
- Go to the HUHS Patient Portal. Log in with your HarvardKey.
- Enter your birthdate, and then click “Proceed”.
- On the left hand navigation, click on “Medical Clearances”.
- Under “Items Required for Clearance”, Click “Update” next to Covid Vaccine.
- Under COVID-19 Vaccination Card Upload, click “Upload”.
- Select the photo of your vaccination card. Once the image preview loads, select “Looks Good”.
- Under “Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine”, enter the dates and type of vaccine from the dropbox that you received. If you don’t see the manufacturer listed in the dropdown, you should still submit your documentation.
- Click “Done”.
- Details of Covid Vaccine should be changed to “Awaiting Review.” Status will still show as “Not Compliant”.
- Once HUHS has reviewed and confirmed your vaccination, the status will be updated to “Compliant”.
Employees and students seeking exemption
Students seeking a medical or religious exemption should complete the Student Vaccine Exemption Form and provide the required documentation.
Faculty, staff and researchers wishing to note an exemption to the vaccine requirement can do so through Crimson Clear and provide the required documentation.
Unvaccinated individuals (regardless of the reason) will be subject to additional public health measures, including extra testing, above and beyond what is required of vaccinated individuals.