Harvard is requiring COVID vaccination for all community members who will have any on-campus presences this fall, including students, faculty, staff, and researchers. For faculty, staff, and researchers, we advise vaccination as soon as possible, and verification of vaccination must be submitted to Harvard University Health Services (HUHS) by July 15.
Once you are vaccinated, you must submit verification of your completed vaccination card received from your vaccination provider. Images of these cards should be submitted to HUHS through the Patient Portal (detailed steps below). You do not need to be an HUHS patient to submit your card through the Patient Portal.
Knowing the rates of vaccination across our community will inform additional policy decisions as we plan for the fall semester.
HUHS keeps individual information secure and confidential.
Employees and students who received their vaccination through HUHS
If you received your vaccination through HUHS, you do not need to submit any information, as HUHS already has your information on file.
Employees and students who did not receive their vaccination through HUHS
If you have already submitted your vaccine card to HUHS through email or Accellion Kiteworks, you do NOT need to resubmit it.
Submit your verification by uploading a photo of your vaccination card in the HUHS Patient Portal.
*You do not need to be a patient of HUHS to do this
Steps to upload your vaccine card:
- Go to the HUHS Patient Portal. Login with your HarvardKey
- Enter your birthdate, click “Proceed”
- On left hand navigation, click on “Medical Clearances”
- Under Items Required for Clearance, Click “Update” next to Covid Vaccine
- Under COVID-19 Vaccination Card Upload, click “Upload”
- Select photo of your vaccination card. Once image preview loads, select “Looks Good”
- Under “Doses of Covid-19 Vaccine”, enter the dates and type of vaccine from the dropbox that you received. If you don’t see the manufacturer listed in the dropdown, you should still submit your documentation
- Click “Done”
- Details of Covid Vaccine should be changed to “Awaiting Review.” Status will still show as “Not Compliant”
- Once HUHS has reviewed and confirmed your vaccination, the status will be updated to “Compliant”
Employees and students seeking exemption
Students seeking a medical or religious exemption should complete the Student Vaccine Exemption Form
Faculty, staff, and researchers wishing to claim an exemption to the vaccine requirement will be able to do so starting in early July. Please check back on this site for updates.