We welcome affiliate faculty applications from faculty members in the Harvard community who would like to engage with the Kempner and have research or educational interests that overlap with core areas of the Kempner’s mission. Please note that faculty must have principal investigator rights at Harvard in order to apply for affiliate status.
Affiliate faculty may engage in a variety of ways with the Kemper Institute based on their area of expertise, interest, and availability, including:
- Receive updates on news, events, and funding opportunities.
- Engage with Kempner Institute in educational activities including courses or bootcamps.
- Join the Kempner Institute events as attendee or participant, including seminar series, annual symposia, and workshops.
- Serve on Kempner Institute committees.
- Collaborate with other members of the Kempner Institute on research or publications.
Affiliate faculty may request:
- Access to shared/hoteling work and meeting space in the Kempner Institute suite in the Science and Engineering Complex in Allston (please note private or assigned office space is not available).
- To access or contribute equipment to the Kempner Institute computational cluster.
- Volunteer to host and mentor undergraduate or postbaccalaureate research students.
Affiliate membership is conferred for three years, with the option to renew for additional terms. Affiliate status may be revoked if the affiliate violates any of the Kempner Institute or Harvard University policies or values.