We welcome affiliate faculty applications from faculty members in the Harvard community who would like to engage more concretely with the Kempner and have research or educational interests that overlap with core areas of the Kempner’s mission. Please note that faculty must have principal investigator rights at Harvard in order to apply for affiliate status.
We encourage faculty considering affiliate status to first participate in Kempner events and to connect with Kempner faculty and fellows if they are interested in collaborating. Faculty who wish to stay informed about Kempner news, events, and funding opportunities should click here to join our mailing list.
Affiliate faculty may engage with the Kemper Institute in a variety of ways based on their area of expertise, interest, and availability, including:
- Join in Kempner Institute educational activities including planning or participating in courses or bootcamps.
- Participate in the Kempner Institute events, including speaking at or planning events including our seminar series, annual symposia, and workshops.
- Serve on Kempner Institute committees.
Affiliate faculty may request:
- Access to shared/hoteling work and meeting space in the Kempner Institute suite in the Science and Engineering Complex in Allston (please note private or assigned office space is not available).
- To access or contribute equipment to the Kempner Institute computational cluster (access is only granted for specific projects that align with the Kempner mission).
- Volunteer to host and mentor undergraduate or postbaccalaureate research students.
Affiliate membership is conferred for three years, with the option to renew. Affiliate status may be revoked if the affiliate violates any of the Kempner Institute or Harvard University policies or values.