Harvard University photographers are active on campus and around the world, providing insight into Harvard news, faculty and staff, and events. Photo Services, managed by Harvard Public Affairs & Communications, offers a large library of stock images available for use by the media.
For image requests external to Harvard University, please complete the form below. By submitting this order, you agree to the following conditions for nonexclusive, one-time usage:
- Images are for editorial and educational use.
- Images cannot be archived.
- Appropriate credit must be given with each and every use.
Image requests must include the represented news agency, which images are sought and for what purpose, where they will be used, and the deadline. A representative from Photo Services will contact you to discuss permissions; usage fees may apply. Please note the following:
- Normal delivery is five business days.
- Most images are 300 dpi JPEGs at roughly 12-by-18 inches.
- Rush requests will be handled as soon as possible, and rush charges may apply.
- To publish an image of an individual, we request that the subject pictured send written consent to release the image.
- All images must credit Harvard University, preferably with the name of the photographer, when available.
- You may not use, reproduce, store, alter, or transfer any of the images to a third party without the prior written permission of Harvard Public Affairs & Communications.
Once your order is processed, you will receive an email with a link to download images.
Harvard University owns the copyright to requested photos. News organizations have Harvard University’s permission to publish the photos in connection with news articles about Harvard, provided that the photo is not altered in any way (other than for formatting purposes) and that such use does not state or otherwise imply the approval or endorsement by Harvard University or any Harvard School, unit, division, or affiliate of the article’s content, the news organization, or any other organization, person, product, or service. Please visit the content use guidelines for republishing Harvard Gazette articles and photos. The display of the photo must credit Harvard University, preferably with the name of the photographer, when available.
Requests for use of the Harvard shield or insignia should be sent to the Harvard Trademark Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order an image from a Harvard Gazette article, please fill out the order form below and supply as much information as possible to ensure efficient search and timely delivery, including date published, the subject featured in the image, and the photographer’s name.