The Salata Institute’s Student Group Funding Pilot Program will support student organizations across Harvard University that jointly undertake climate-focused initiatives. The purpose of the Pilot Program is to encourage student groups with a shared interest in climate change, to collaborate in organizing programs, projects, and events that enrich student learning and contribute to the University’s efforts to meet the global climate challenge.
The Salata Institute, in consultation with a faculty selection committee, will make funding decisions based on the following criteria.
- The proposed initiative involves two or more established student clubs or organizations at Harvard University.
- The extent to which the proposed initiative forges new connections among students or strengthens existing ones.
- The proposed initiative’s contribution to the Salata Institute’s efforts to strengthen research, education, and public engagement on climate change and related environmental issues.
Please submit your team’s completed application by the deadline of Monday, December 5th, 2022, 11:59 PM. The application comprises the following sections:
- Organization Information: Names of participating student organizations or clubs.
- Contact Information: Student applicants’ names, organization titles, schools, and emails
- Project Description: A 500-word description of the proposed project or initiative (template below)
- Project Responsibilities: A 200-word paragraph describing project responsibilities (template below)
- Budget Form: funding request must not exceed $2,000.00 USD (template below)
Please download the following templates to complete sections 3-5.
To submit your application, please enter the requested information for each required section and upload the completed templates in PDF format, using this Application Portal.
A faculty panel will review the applications and make funding decisions in January 2023.
Please contact email@example.com with questions.