Private tour group providers
This information is for private tour providers not associated with Harvard University. If you are an individual looking for a tour, please visit our Tours page.
At this time, Cambridge and Boston tour companies who wish to lead tours of visitors through Harvard Yard are required to register with the Harvard University Visitor Center.
For further inquiry, please contact: email@example.com
- Fill out the application.
- Submit a copy of a business license (in Cambridge or Boston) and proof of insurance.
- Allow up two weeks for the authorization process.
- The Harvard University Visitor Center will provide a physical “Welcome Packet” to the tour company.
- Sign the Harvard Yard Use Agreement.
- The tour company will be directed to the online payment system, where tour passes must be purchased at least three days in advance for the desired tour date (currently through the end of the semester).
Before the tour:
- Prior to coming to campus, the tour company must review the Harvard Yard Guidelines and go to Visit Harvard for any updated campus information.
- The tour company will use Touchnet, the online payment system, to purchases passes for the current semester at least three days in advance of the desired tour date.
- A Harvard Yard Tour Pass purchase requires a non-refundable payment of $1.50 per tour attendee.
- The tour company will receive a PDF file of the Harvard Yard Tour Pass within three business days.
- The tour company must print the Harvard Yard Tour Pass in color and it must be visibly worn on the tour group leader at all times while in Harvard Yard. Lanyards and other tour materials may be found in the “Welcome Packet.”
Keep in mind:
- Occasionally the Yard closes for University activities. If this conflicts with a tour you have sign up for, your payment will be refunded.
- Tour groups can include up to 35 people.
- The tour company may offer up to one tour per day in Harvard Yard, as space is available.
- The tour company may offer tours in Harvard Yard between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
- The tour company must remain in good standing in order to annually renew the Harvard Yard Use Agreement.